National Art Exhibition
February 7 to March 25, 2020 | Sponsored by the Mary Ellen Byrd Legacy for the Arts
Entry into NAE begins July 10 and continues through midnight on December 15, 2019
All entries must be entered digitally via Juried Art Services at www.juriedartservices.com (use of JAS is free for applicants).
Artist notification will be made by email in early January. If accepted into the 2020 NAE, you will receive further instructions by email regarding receiving and other important information.
This exhibition is limited to two-dimensional paintings and drawings in oil, watercolor, pastel, acrylic, charcoal, colored pencil, graphite, and mixed media. Media for the Bowles Award for Portrait Excellence is limited to drawing, painting and pastel. The work must have been completed in the last three years and cannot have been accepted into the Visual Arts Center’s 2018 National Art Exhibition. Computer-generated art, photography, glass and fiber/fabric art are not eligible. Artwork from any state or country is eligible for entry.
Important Dates in 2019
• July 10: Online entry begins
• December 15: Online entry closes at midnight
• Notification by email will occur in early January
Important Dates in 2020
• Receiving for shipped artwork, January 29, 30 & 31
• Receiving for hand-delivered work January 31 and February 1 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the Visual Arts Center
• February 7: Exhibit opens to the public
• February 13: Awards Reception at the Visual Arts Center
• March 25: Last day of Exhibit
• March 26 & 27: Pick up hand-delivered work from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the Visual Arts Center; return shipping begins