Art in Public Places
Charlotte Arts, your local Arts & Humanities Council, promotes the work of local visual artists through its Art in Public Places program. It’s easy to find art in your community simply while you’re out and about in your neighborhood. Charlotte Arts offers residents and visitors to Charlotte County access to public places with art changing regularly. Art exhibits include watercolor, oil, acrylic, traditional media, digital art, photography, and more. Most of the pieces are available for purchase. Click on venue image to learn more about the location. Click on art images to learn more about the artist.
Artists who are members of Charlotte Arts may exhibit their work at AIPP. Check out the artists featured at past shows. For more details, contact Leigha Murray, Program Coordinator for AIPP and Charlotte Arts Gallery (cell: 813-360-5500).
Click on host site image for more information. Learn about becoming an AIPP host site.
- Cayo Costa Dental Kelly Reark - May-August 2022
- Charlotte County Administration B&D Nature Photography - May-August 2022
- Charlotte Harbor Event & Conference Center B&D Nature Photography (January-August) and Larry Palmer (May-August)
- Charlotte Memorial Funeral Home Robert Broyles - May-August 2022
- Kays-Ponger & Uselton Funeral Home Kelly Reark - May-August 2022
- Mid-County Library Rosana Halprine (May), Howard Spielman (July), and Henry August (September)
- Port Charlotte Library Tina Weida - May / June 2022
- Punta Gorda Airport Larry Palmer, Mary Lundeberg, Tina Weida, Robert Broyles (as of February) - January-August 2022
- Punta Gorda Library B&D Nature Photography - May-August 2022
Reception at Mid-County Regional Library
Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 4 to 5:30p.m.
2050 Forrest Nelson Blvd, Port Charlotte
Featuring Rosana Halprine’s artwork.
Artists on Display: May-August 2022
The art below may not be representative of the art on display.
Airport Partnership with Art in Public Places Offers New Photo Op Spot at Bailey Terminal
Thanks to the Charlotte County Airport Authority’s partnership with the Arts & Humanities Council of Charlotte County, Punta Gorda Airport (PGD) has a new colorful photo op spot for passengers to capture a selfie and share on social media.
Local artist Larry E. Palmer painted a Charlotte Harbor sunset mural on a 10-foot wall in the corridor that connects ticketing and baggage claim in the Bailey Terminal. The scene is completed with two bar-height Adirondack chairs sourced from Ocean Isles Outdoor, live greenery provided by TROPEX and a full-color PGD logo installed by Monarch Direct.