Art in Public Places
Charlotte Arts, your local Arts & Humanities Council, promotes the work of local visual artists through its Art in Public Places program. It’s easy to find art in your community simply while you’re out and about in your neighborhood. Charlotte Arts offers residents and visitors to Charlotte County access to public places with art changing regularly. Art exhibits include watercolor, oil, acrylic, traditional media, digital art, photography, and more. Most of the pieces are available for purchase. Click on venue image to learn more about the location. Click on art images to learn more about the artist.
Artists who are members of Charlotte Arts may exhibit their work at AIPP. Check out the artists featured at past shows. For more details, contact Leigha Murray, Program Coordinator for AIPP and Charlotte Arts Gallery (cell: 813-360-5500).
Click on host site image for more information. Learn about becoming an AIPP host site.
- Cayo Costa Dental Kelly Reark - May-December 2022
- Charlotte County Administration Carolyn Walega - September-December 2022
- Charlotte Harbor Event & Conference Center Rosana Halprine, Larry Palmer and B&D Nature Photography - September-December 2022
- Charlotte Memorial Funeral Home Rosana Halprine - September-December 2022
- Kays-Ponger & Uselton Funeral Home Tina Weida - September-December 2022
- Mid-County Library B&D Nature Photography (Sep), Lance Henderson (Oct), B&D Nature Photography (Nov), Kathy Przepadlo (Dec)
- Port Charlotte Library Howard Spielman - September / October 2022
- Punta Gorda Airport Larry Palmer, Mary Lundeberg, Tina Weida, Robert Broyles and B&D Nature Photography - September-December 2022
- Punta Gorda Library Henry August - September 2022
Artists on Display: September-December 2022
The art below may not be representative of the art on display.
Airport Partnership with Art in Public Places Offers New Photo Op Spot at Bailey Terminal
Thanks to the Charlotte County Airport Authority’s partnership with the Arts & Humanities Council of Charlotte County, Punta Gorda Airport (PGD) has a new colorful photo op spot for passengers to capture a selfie and share on social media.
Local artist Larry E. Palmer painted a Charlotte Harbor sunset mural on a 10-foot wall in the corridor that connects ticketing and baggage claim in the Bailey Terminal. The scene is completed with two bar-height Adirondack chairs sourced from Ocean Isles Outdoor, live greenery provided by TROPEX and a full-color PGD logo installed by Monarch Direct.