Art in Public Places
Charlotte Arts, your local Arts & Humanities Council, promotes the work of local visual artists through its Art in Public Places program. It’s easy to find art in your community simply while you’re out and about in your neighborhood. Charlotte Arts offers residents and visitors to Charlotte County access to public places with art changing as often as every other month. Art exhibits include watercolor, oil, acrylic, traditional media, jewelry, digital art, photography, and more. Most of the pieces are available for purchase. Click on venue image to learn more about the location. Click on art images to learn more about the artist.
Artists who are members of Charlotte Arts may exhibit their work at AIPP. Check out the artists featured at past shows. For more details, contact Leigha Murray, Program Coordinator for AIPP and Charlotte Arts Gallery (leigha.murray@
Click on venue image for more information. Also check out the Charlotte Arts Gallery.
- Cayo Costa Dental Lee Jones - January / February 2020
- Charlotte County Administration Howard Spielman - January / February 2020
- Charlotte Harbor Event & Conference Center Larry Palmer and Jill Lindsay - January / February 2020
- Charlotte Memorial Funeral Home Sharon Stchur - January / February 2020
- Kays-Ponger & Uselton Funeral Home Betty Teramo - January / February 2020
- Mid-County Library Karen Wood - January / February 2020
- Port Charlotte Library James Hollenbeck - January / February 2020
- Punta Gorda Airport Larry Palmer, Tina Weida and Mary Lundeberg - January / February 2020
Kays-Ponger Uselton Funeral Home
Thursday, Jan. 30, 5 to 7 p.m.
635 East Marion Avenue, Punta Gorda
Enjoy Betty Teramo’s art.
Charlotte Memorial Funeral Home
Wednesday, Feb. 12, 5 to 7 p.m.
9400 Indian Springs Cemetery Rd, Punta Gorda
Enjoy Sharon Stchur’s art and music of Dave McDonald on sax and vocals. Food buffet and bar.
Mid-County Regional Library
Wednesday, Feb. 26, 5 to 6:30 p.m.
2050 Forrest Nelson Blvd., Port Charlotte
Come and see Karen Wood’s batiks on display. She will be there to discuss the creation of these unique pieces and the process involved. Learn how you can own some of her “wearable art” from her online VIDA collection.