The Peace River Wildlife Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit wildlife rehabilitation and education center in Punta Gorda, Florida. Its mission is to rescue and rehabilitate native wildlife and educate the public. In 2018, the center admitted more than 2,500 patients and has more than 100 permanent wildlife residents on educational display.
The Center created calendars in 2018 and 2019 to help educate the public about Florida’s native wildlife and the work of the center. Thanks to guidance provided by many people, the 2020 calendar will feature donated images.
Will you please consider donating up to five photographs for possible use in the 2020 calendar?
Important things to remember:
- Because Peace River Wildlife Center is creating this calendar, the calendar will only feature images of wildlife native to Florida. Priority may be given to animals that are treated at the Center.
- Any photograph of native wildlife taken any time anywhere by anyone may be submitted. Because the calendar will showcase the diversity of wildlife found near the Center, we recommend that you only submit one image of the same subject. For example, don’t submit five images of an eagle as only one large image will likely be of an eagle.
- A large image will be featured above each month and maybe elsewhere. Each of these images will be printed at nearly 12” wide x 9” high. The resolution must be about 300 dpi at that size. If you force this resolution, no one will be happy with how they look in the printed calendar. We also ask that images not be altered except for cropping or adjusting the exposure.
- Several images will placed throughout the calendar. These images are much smaller so the resolution does not have to be as high.
- We anticipate 2,000 calendars will be printed and distributed free, probably in November 2019.
- The photographer of each image will be acknowledged by their name, business name or contact information, whatever is provided as long as it doesn’t exceed 50 characters. As a thank you, a few calendars will be provided to each person whose work is featured.
By August 10, if you are willing to donate your photograph(s), please complete the short release form that follows. You may upload images to the release form or you may send them by email to helpPRWC@gmail.com or you may use a file transfer service of your choice. If you provide the images by email or file transfer service, be sure to provide your name so that the images can be tied to your release form. The online release form must be completed no matter how you provide your images. (You can return to your response and edit it but that means cookies must be removed from the computer if more than one person wishes to submit images. Once this is done, the computer will not allow the first person to edit that set of responses.)
Please spread the word to others you think may have an interest in supporting this project.
Thank you for helping the Peace River Wildlife Center create a 2020 calendar to educate the public about Florida’s native wildlife and the work of the Center.