The scholarship deadline has been changed from March 27 to April 15.
The Charlotte Players are very pleased to offer the John W. Lund Arts/Theatre Scholarship to a graduating senior who plans to continue studies in the theatre. The following are the requirements for consideration:
- Submit a completed application.
- A personal statement of plans and aspirations.
- Your resume.
- One letter of recommendation which may include: an art, drama, chorale or thespian instructor, teacher, principal or advisor.
- A formal copy of your transcript.
- Appropriate attire at the Interview
- Complete and audition/interview with the selection committee to include one of the following:
- Acting: Two contrasting monologues not to exceed a total of seven minutes.
- Music: (Education, Musical Theatre or Performance) One monologue and a song not to exceed 5 minutes. You may perform a cappella or bring recorded background music on a CD with NO vocal tracks on it. CD player will be provided.
- Dance: A dance performance not to exceed 5 minutes.
- Technical: A portfolio presentation not to exceed 5 minutes.
Items 1 thru 5 must be received by 3:00 PM on April 15 (extended from Friday, March 27, 2020).
Please return your application to our post office box or you may deliver it to our office located at 1182 Market Circle, Port Charlotte, FL. Call ahead to confirm hours but office hours are expected to be 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM, Monday through Friday. You will be contacted for an audition and interview appointment. We applaud your decision to pursue a career in performing arts/theatre and look forward to meeting with you.