Get ready for some belly laughs at the sixth annual Comedy for a Cause on Friday, Sept. 14, at the Charlotte Harbor Event and Conference Center. County Commissioner Director Chris Constance promises another hilarious evening as local business and community leaders take the stage for a night of spontaneous hilarity as they perform a series of improvisational skits. Think “Whose Line Is It Anyway?” without the network censors.
The performers, who will compete for Judges’ and People’s Choice Awards, include:
- Sherri Dennis, editor of the Punta Gorda Herald for Adams Publishing Group
- Jared Forma, general manager of Charlotte Stone Crabs Baseball, Tampa Bay Rays Spring Training
- Cherie “Get R Done” George, customer relations director for the Gettel Automotive Group
- Melanie “The Big Bopper” Markel, owner of Array of Cabinets
- Marie Pearlingi, LMT BMC, owner of Marie Massage, LLC
- Gary “Mayor of Vice” Wein, Vice Mayor of Punta Gorda;
- Bob “Bad to the Bone” White, business development director for the Charlotte County Chamber of Commerce.
Comedy for a Cause is the Charlotte Players’ principal fundraiser. Proceeds benefit the nonprofit community theater’s many community programs, including the Charlotte County Imagination Library and Kids OnStage.
Tickets purchased in cast members’ names also go toward the People’s Choice Award. VIP dinner and show table seating is $85 with a 6 p.m. entrance, and show-only tickets are $25 with a 7:15 p.m. entrance. Both are available from any of the performers or at www.comedy4acause.net or www.charlotteplayers.org.
Due to the improvisational nature of the show, it has been rated for adults only. For more information please contact Event Chair Marie LaBrosse (941-815-6230, firstname.lastname@example.org) or the Charlotte Players (941-255-1022, email@example.com).