- Please take care and stay healthy.
- Please take a few minutes to fill out a survey from Americans for the Arts to help determine the economic impact of Covid-19 on our cultural economy. This information will help inform the distribution of stimulus funds. We need to hear from ALL organizations and individual artists. https://surveys.americansforthearts.org/s3/CoronavirusImpactSurvey
We know that there are more than five million Americans who make their livelihoods in the broader arts and cultural sector across the country and are potentially at risk. We also know that the arts provide comfort, resilience, wisdom, and the means for self-expression and connection, perhaps even more so during challenging times such as these. — Mary Anne Carter, Chairman, National Endowment for the Arts
- A compilation of resources with national reach for artists and arts organizations is now available on the National Endowment for the Arts’ website. This list will continue to be updated as new resources are announced.
- HowlRound and a group of artists, arts administrators, and others from around the United States held a webinar to discuss how COVID-19 is impacting freelance artists (those who identify as independent contractors) from all disciplines, and where artists can look for support in this complicated moment. The conversation focused on shared resources (legal, advocacy, how to take your work virtual, finding emergency funding, and financial best practices in crisis) and building and grounding our national community. Watch the recorded webinar at your convenience: https://howlround.com/happenings/artists-time-global-pandemic-asl-captioned
- Information on Charlotte County’s response to Covid-19 is available at www.CharlotteCountyFL.org, including links to the Florida Department of Health and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
- While all events, including music, are cancelled at Fishermen’s Village, many of the stores remain open (Monday to Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday Noon to 6 p.m.) and Village Brewhouse and Good ‘Ole Days Coffee are open for carry out only. Call to confirm if they are open before visiting.
We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly.
— Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.